AND

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back to the Gym: New Resolution!


Today was my first day back to the gym after a 2 week break.  It was great to get back on the treadmill and feel the blood pumping in my veins.  While I was power walking and checking facebook simultaneously I realized I had not made any progress over the last year in the exercise department.  I have never been a runner, not even as a kid.  I love to walk, I like pilates and yoga, my favorite family time is biking in the spring but no running; nothing that really gets my heart pumping.  This brought me to my new goal for the first part of 2013, run 5k nonstop in 30 minutes by the end of April.  I can walk 5k in 45 minutes, so running by the end of April should not be that hard.  My goal is measurable, attainable, sustainable and has a time limit. 

Now at the gym I will train with a goal in mind so hopefully I will be more motivated to exert more effort.  I look forward to the gym tomorrow and I look forward to a healthier me!

No comments:

Post a Comment