AND

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Enjoying the Benefits

Adopting new habits is not easy. Personally I have been working on improving my health and the health of my family since November. Choosing more fruits and vegetables in addition to increasing everyone's fitness levels are my two main goals. My secondary goals are reducing the amount of refined grains and sweets my entire family consumes and losing weight. Although you might think to yourself, shouldn't all this be second nature to a nutritionist I learned the hard way everyone falls off the boat once in awhile. You just have to be awake enough to realize it.

These past two months have been particularly difficult in the weight loss and healthy eating department because I have been doing a lot of traveling and when I am at home our schedules have been packed. As a result, we have been eating out much more than usual. Although restaurant food is convenient, healthy choices are scarce but over the past two months I have learned how to navigate. If you are interested in how to eat out healthy, I blogged about it in previous posts.

The point of this post is to share a good moment I had today with you, and I hope you will enjoy such a moment too. While I was in Florida this past weekend I put on a jean jacket I had not worn since last summer, and much to my delight it was wider than it was the last time I wore it. I still have a long way to go before I am at my prepregnancy weight, but seeing a difference was much appreciated. It was not all due to weight loss, but also my efforts at the gym are paying off in trimming my waist and reducing cellulite.

Remember back in January when we discussed setting small, achievable goals and basking in the little victories, well this is one of those victories. Notice the difference in your body, the ease of making the healthier choices, and how working out went from torture to pleasure and give yourself a pat on the back for taking one step closer to a healthier you. Congratulations on your little triumphs!

No comments:

Post a Comment