Wondering what and how to cook a Meatless Monday meal? But first, what is it? Meatless Monday is a nationwidemovement to help encourage person to eat healthier and preserve the environmentat the same time. Mass meat productiontakes a big toll on the environment and by avoiding meat even for only one daya week can help reduce the carbon dioxide levels in the environment and loweryour cholesterol levels too. This fitshand in hand with Earth Day being on Monday, making it the perfect way tocelebrate Earth Day this year.
Here is an easy,healthy, fast dinner to prepare in celebration of Earth Day: Roasted Asparagus,Cherry Tomato Sauce and Pasta.
First start with the cherry tomato sauce since is takes thelongest.
Cherry Tomato Sauce:
2 tsp olive oil
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 pint baby bell mushrooms
1 tsp dried onion
A pinch of corn starch
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put olive oil in apan and turn on heat until warm then add the cherry tomatoes to the skillet andcover. While the tomatoes warm, wash thebella mushrooms and halve the bigger mushrooms. Once the mushrooms are all washed add them to the skillet. Also add the dried onions and a dash of salt,put heat on medium and cover skillet. Now cook the pasta of your choice accordingto the package. Make enough for 4serving.
2. Next start the Roasted Asparagus.
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste1 pound asparagus
3. Rinse asparagus and chop off bottom fibrous inchof the asparagus stocks. Put theasparagus on a cookie sheet drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle on salt andpepper. Now mix it all up with your hands and put the cookie sheet in theoven. It should be ready in about 15minutes. Now go set the table.
4. Once the mushrooms and tomatoes are soft add asprinkle of cornstarch and stir the vegetable juices to thicken up the sauce.It should take the vegetables between 30-45 minutes to soften.
5. Your food is done and your table is set, now godig in.