Protein Packed Granola Bars
These granola bars make an economic, fast and healthy breakfast, paired with coffee or a cup of milk for the kids. Make them when you have a free moment and enjoy them for the rest of the week. They make great grab and go morning meals.
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes baking
2 cups old fashion oatmeal
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup chia seeds
½ cup hemp seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup raisins
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup honey
½ cup corn oil
1 egg beat
2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 Pyrex dish.
2. In a medium sized bowl combine the dry ingredients: oatmeal, brown sugar, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, spices, flour, salt and raisins. Stir with a spoon until combined.
3. In a small mixing bowl add the wet ingredients: oil, honey, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix together until egg is fully beat and ingredients are well combined.
Note: add the oil first then use the same measuring cup to add the honey so the honey won't stick to the measuring cup.
4. Combine the wet and dry mixtures and mix with a spoon until the dry mixture is evenly coated.
5. Spoon granola mix into the greased pan, distribute evenly and gently press down with your hand.
6. Bake granola in the oven for about 30 minutes until edges turn golden brown. Remove from over and let cool for 10 minutes then cut bars and remove from the pan. If you wait too long and they cool down the bars will crumble as you cut and remove them.